Iphone 4S transfer of photos

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kakamac, Dec 25, 2011.

1. kakamac macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I've been trying to find a way to transfer photos from the wife's Iphone 4S to the Imac. Can it be done using Icloud or ......? Any help would be appreciated. I am completely stumped oh and my Imac is running version 10.6.8 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I use an app called PhotoSync to accomplish this without iPhoto syncing
    Works well for me

I think others use Image Capture that comes with the Mac

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

On PC there is an app called iCloud that pulls down all the photostream photos and puts them on my drive automatically in the background. There must be an equivalent for mac?

4. kakamac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for the reply and help. I would like to hear if there was an app for mac that allows the photos to be pulled onto the computer. Anyone know of one? I might just have to download the above mentioned app.

5. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Photo Sync

Tried Photo Sync yesterday when I read about it on this thread and was surprised how well it works. Free for the MBP and Imac and $1.99 for the Iphone. Transfers it quickly and easily. It's a keeper for me.

6. AndyinAtl macrumors member

where in the backround tho?

7. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

I'm having a tough time with all of this. I've made albums with the corresponding pictures in them, and I want to delete those photos in the camera roll, but when I try to do that, it asks me if I want to delete them everywhere.

What's the point of having the pictures in camera roll AND in the albums?? I don't want them OFF my phone, but I don't want there to be doubles!

8. blesio macrumors regular

The picture are not doubles... The camera roll is a representation of all the pics that you have, albums is just a folder with links and thumbnails to the pictures in the camera roll :)

9. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I don't keep iPhoto on my iMac, so I use Preview app.
    If you don't open any photo, than there will be no window opened. Just make sure you see "Preview" on menu bar.

Go to File --> Import from Camera --> [Your iPhone's name] and voila you can import all the pictures or pick them manually, save them onto your iMac.

It's free.. it's there right under the plain sight but not many care enough to use it.. not on the manual either, so yeah no reason for RTFM because there was no manual.

Not necessarily difficult or complicated, but definitely not intuitive. Why can't I import my iPhone photos using iTunes? One of hassle of using an iPhone beyond all that simplicity.

10. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

You define destination download and upload directories in the app.

11. odvan macrumors member

Best advice there! :)