Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radioman10

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Hi.

I have a 32GB white iPhone 4S. I also have a 2010 Toyota RAV4 with the Bluetooth system. It seems that the Bluetooth system in the car is only for phone use and can't stream audio if that makes sense..

My question is... Can I have the iPhone paired with the Bluetooth system in the car and at the same time have it paired with a music Bluetooth thing to stream it to my stereo? I would do this by purchasing a Bluetooth adapter that I could plug into my auxiliary port in my car.

Thanks.

JoganJani

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for confirming this. What about my original question... Can iPhone 4S be paired with two Bluetooth devices simultaneously?

You are talking about 2 diff Bt profiles. Hands free (HFP) and Audio distribution (A2DP). It is possible to use both depending on your car BT compatibility.

tjxism

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

JoganJani said:
Thanks for confirming this. What about my original question... Can iPhone 4S be paired with two Bluetooth devices simultaneously?

You are talking about 2 diff Bt profiles. Hands free (HFP) and Audio distribution (A2DP). It is possible to use both depending on your car BT compatibility.

I think the OP's question is can iPhone connect two devices at the same time. I think the answer is no but I am not sure.

radioman10

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think the OP's question is can iPhone connect two devices at the same time. I think the answer is no but I am not sure.

Thanks for all of the replies! Much appreciated.

I'll test it out soon I suppose.

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
I'm trying out a Windows phone right now and I'm doing exactly what your asking but I may go back to my 4S soon so I would also like to know. If there's
no answer soon I'll try it myself on my 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.