iPhone 4S UK Out Of Warranty Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Macintosh1985, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Macintosh1985, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016

Macintosh1985 macrumors newbie

A couple of years ago I had my iPhone 4S's screen replaced at an independent repair shop, everything had been fine up until Christmas when I dropped it in the sink, cracking the front glass and ending up in the water. I dried it in rice immediately after and it was working fine up until last week, when it started to develop charging faults. If I take it to an Apple Store will they still offer an out of warranty replacement for a fee? Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I am not sure, but I do not think they will. The best thing to do is phone 0800 048 0408 Apple customer service and they will tell you.

3. Macintosh1985 thread starter macrumors newbie

It would seem hypocritical of them not to, considering the recent error 53 problem, in which Apple was offering people affected to pay the out of warranty fee to get a new phone even though the problem was a direct cause of third party replacement parts. In my case the phone has been running perfectly fine with the third party screen for two years and the cause of damage was the contact with water.

4. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

Like I said, I am not sure, the best thing you can do is phone them and ask.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

The error 53 issue with it disabling the whole device was as a result of a change Apple introduced in a recent update and fixed (by being removed) in a new revision of that update, which is why they are willing to reimburse the out of warranty free as it was due to their mistake in that particular case.