Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eraxxer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Hi Everyone,

i used to have a Verizon iPhone 4 cdma that i was using on metro. I recently sold it to my daughter and bought another Verizon iPhone 4s that has never been activated with Verizon and for my suprise it has a sim slot. i jailbroke it yesterday fine but i can't seem to get it unlocked for metropcs.

On the iphone 4 i just had to add the file prl file 310VZW to the carriers bundle and replace the old file. But on this new Verizon since it hasn't been activated there are no files or folders to replace.

My queston is, has anyone unlocked the 4s to metro.
Do i have to activate the phone first somehow in order to then unlock it to metro.

i tried copying just the 310wzw to the carrier bundles but it does not let me update it via calling to metro to get the roaming list.

any help would be appreaciated.

carlos:mad::confused:

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Your first mistake was not seeing if there was an unlock for the 4S first before you bought it. Secondly the Verizon 4S can only be unlocked by the carrier for international use, It will not work with any GSM carriers in the U.S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.