iPhone 4s unlock via at&t. says not eligible for unlock.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ronaks007, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ronaks007 macrumors newbie

hello guys. need a serious help here. i have brought an iphone 4s 16gb locked to att but with no contract with att. and i am in India right now and want to get my iphone unlocked. i have already unlocked my previous iphone 4 via att. but this time the att executive says that my iphone 4s is not eligible for an unlock and if i need to get it unlocked i need to provide an proof of purchase which i dont have. so i am wondering that how they unlocked my iphone previously (lucky me) and why they are not unlocking my iphone now?
    Is there any other way round to request them and get my iphone unlocked? or any other way?
    i would really appreciate some good help here.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The policy changed - originally they'd unlock pretty much any iPhone people called in about. Then they changed it so that you needed proof of purchase. You're out of luck.

3. SiarheiKr macrumors newbie

Help you to unlock AT&T iPhone 3GS/4/4S 60$ within one day

Hi, contact me via skype:siarhei_krauchanka for details.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Anyone know what AT&T considers "proof of purchase"? I assume you don't need this if you got it through them or Apple directly?

5. gd6 macrumors member

All att 4s's are easily unlocked via a gevey sim ultra s...that might be an easy option.