iPhone 4S Unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BugBytes, Aug 20, 2012.

1. BugBytes macrumors regular

Where would I go to find out how to unlock an iPhone 4S? The SAM bug doesn't work anymore I hear. If there is no place and I have to buy it unlocked I'm ready for that answer.

Thanks for helping!

2. daudi macrumors member

these days Remote Factory Unlock is quite in. you can go for that service or you can buy a GEVEY SIM for iphone 4S.

GEVEY Might sound srtange, but there is a gevey sim for iphone 4S. I would prefer to go for the unlock.

3. BugBytes thread starter macrumors regular

I don't quite understand what you are saying due to your grammar. Could you clarify?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3rd party cell phone stores have started to do grey market unlocks for iPhones. Usually between $50-$125 from what I have seen on my local craig's list. It's a factory unlock, just like what AT&T does.

Or you can buy a sim interposer called a Gevey Turbo Sim. You put your sim card along with the Gevey in the sim tray and it will unlock your 4S.

www.applenberry.com

5. daudi macrumors member

like Greek said that the iphone 4S can be unlcoked by 3rd part retailers by giving them the imei number and they will unlock the iphone 4S at a cost.

second option is to go for the sim interposer called as GEVEY SIM. this is the hardware mod chip that unlocks the iphone on particular baseband.

6. BugBytes thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the input, it is much clearer to me now. I will probably try the Gevey method if I do end up unlocking my 4S. Thanks!

7. seanpercival01 macrumors member

There are number of unlocking softwares available in market. But I'm using Ultrasnow unlocking tool in my iPhone 4S. I think is best for iPhone, iPad, iPod.