iphone 4s unlocked confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troyhouse, Oct 8, 2011.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

guys need help.

i am currently on 3gs on t-mo and this time instead of going thru jailbreak and unlock route, i m just thinking of getting unlocked version.

will i be able to use 4s on t-mobile, obviously on edge and not 3g? also what about micro-sim, will i have to cut my existing sim and use it with 4s?

and if i pre-order now, when will get the unlocked phone, sometime in november?

thanks in advance.

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I think you will need to wait until the 7th of nov when the unlocked models are released and buy one then. I think t-mob sell microsims. I think you would just need to ask them to transfer your number.

3. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the response... but the link to pre-order unlocked phone is available on apple.com so it would mean i can pre-order now but wont get it till 7th nov.

i was also thinking of buying 2 and flipping 1 on ebay, how much would i get for unlocked phone? any ideas?

4. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

where do u see the 7th Nov data for unlocked iphone 4s? it only says coming this November on apple.com

5. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

previous poster mentioned it, so i assumed he would know it for sure ;)

6. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

there is no date yet

7. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

ok, so back to my points... should i just pre-order 2 of them and sell another on ebay for 1000+, if there is no demand, then just cancel the pre-orders... what do you all think?