iPhone 4S Unresponsive after Installing/Removing apps in Cydia

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
My phone becomes completely unresponsive after I do almost anything in Cydia. Whether it's adding a repo, installing an app or removing an app, the phone stops responding to any input. The home button doesn't do anything and I have to wait about 20 to 30 seconds before I can do anything.

Sometimes Cydia is still functional but the home button will not work and other times everything becomes unresponsive.

Any thoughts?

Also sometimes respringing can take a minute to three minutes also.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
sounds like a re-do is in order. i'm having zero problems. i experience some minor slowness, but it's network related due to the jb traffic.

i always follow the JB rule of: restore as a new phone. never as a backup. I don't know if you restored from a backup, or on top of a phone that you've been using a while. But if you did, you may try starting from scratch. I've never had a problem when I did.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
I'd Restore from a non-Jailbreak backup and re-jailbreak.

Sounds like you had a corrupt file or something.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Damn, I really didn't want to start from scratch.

There's no way to save all my app settings and files? Game progress? Things of that nature?

sammieboy

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
im in the same boat....iphone is now being restored....great thing i came across this thread!

love this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.