iPhone 4S Unresponsive after Installing/Removing apps in Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rocknblogger, Jan 21, 2012.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

My phone becomes completely unresponsive after I do almost anything in Cydia. Whether it's adding a repo, installing an app or removing an app, the phone stops responding to any input. The home button doesn't do anything and I have to wait about 20 to 30 seconds before I can do anything.

Sometimes Cydia is still functional but the home button will not work and other times everything becomes unresponsive.

Any thoughts?

Also sometimes respringing can take a minute to three minutes also.

2. zaxdude macrumors 6502

sounds like a re-do is in order. i'm having zero problems. i experience some minor slowness, but it's network related due to the jb traffic.

i always follow the JB rule of: restore as a new phone. never as a backup. I don't know if you restored from a backup, or on top of a phone that you've been using a while. But if you did, you may try starting from scratch. I've never had a problem when I did.

3. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

I'd Restore from a non-Jailbreak backup and re-jailbreak.

Sounds like you had a corrupt file or something.

4. rocknblogger thread starter macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Damn, I really didn't want to start from scratch.

There's no way to save all my app settings and files? Game progress? Things of that nature?

5. sammieboy macrumors member

im in the same boat....iphone is now being restored....great thing i came across this thread!

love this forum.