iPhone 4s user sues Apple over Siri

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bandofbrothers, Mar 13, 2012.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Just read an interesting article about a guy in America starting a lawsuit against Apple concerning it's Siri adverts depicting flawless use of Siri.

I wonder if apple will use the 'beta' card here.

The article is on mygreatiphone site.

A man, from New York, is trying to sue Apple over is Siri software after he apparently heard an advert conveying a “misleading and deceptive” message about the iPhone 4S only service.

Mr Frank M. Fazio filed a law suit on Monday, on behalf of himself and other iPhone 4S users, claiming that Siri is far less responsive and accurate than Apple’s commercials describe.

The lawsuit, raised in California, stated:

n many of Apple’s television advertisements, individuals are shown using Siri to make appointments, find restaurants, and even learn the guitar chords to classic rock songs or how to tie a tie. In the commercials, all of these tasks are done with ease with the assistance of the iPhone 4S’s Siri feature, a represented functionality contrary to the actual operating results and performance of Siri.”

Mr Fazio has claimed that Apple’s Siri service is ‘spotty’ at best and ‘unusable’ at worst. He gave an example of using the personal assistant as a navigational tool and “Siri either did not understand what Plaintiff was asking, or, after a very long wait time, responded with the wrong answer.”

The law firm who is representing Mr Fazio has described Siri as*“at best, a work-in-progress.”

As usual we will keep you update with more about this story as it unfolds.

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

3. bandofbrothers, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Dude i missed the thread already on this, but hey thanks for your input.

I've seen the ad's here in the uk and it does show it working without hiccup.

In most of apples ads they put at the bottom 'sequences shortened ' etc but I don't think they'd put ' works 70%' lol

4. EngageWithRage, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Lol, I don't know the guy, but looking at his name he prolly has one of the hardcore accents and to my knowledge Siri does not understand douchebag to well (I think that is in the next update). This is just some @$$wipe trying to make a quick buck, trying to disguise himself as a good Samaritan. Since he is doing this on behalf of all iPhone 4s users I will be expecting my cut if the outcome is in OUR (iPhone 4s users) favor.

5. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

It's ok. It's all about iPhone hacks so it's allowed.....

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

IMHO, Siri is a joke
    Usually it responds "Would you like me to search for that ?"
    I can do that myself and my Google searches are far more precise than those using Siri

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

If only siri could search MR for duplicate threads. and which section they shoud be posted in.

9. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Maybe they could be posted in the 'smart ass reply' section !

10. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Welcome to Macrumors. :D

11. bandofbrothers thread starter macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be unfriendly but come on !!

12. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

Hahahah omg that episode was so funny!!!!!!:D