iPhone 4S Video Terrible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WoodrowCall, Oct 31, 2011.

1. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

How's everyone's video quality? I just did some filming using my camera, and comparing it to my iPhone 4, it's AWFUL. Not only is it not better, it appears much worse. Every time I move, it seems like everything on screen becomes blurry. I thought that there was supposed to be some anti-shake in use; it seems to be the opposite for my camera. Anyone else?:mad:

2. Jody macrumors regular

3. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I took my first video with it this weekend at the Ohio State game. Not very impressed

4. salacious macrumors 6502a

its not possible for the camera to be worse than the iphone 4, your mind could be an influnece in this, did you do fair results? if not then you cannot compare something you havent compared it too...

5. WoodrowCall thread starter macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

I figured it out. I did do a fair comparison, and I knew that fundamentally it shouldn't be worse, but what I found was that I didn't have the focus lock on. I was taking video of a large group of people, and it must have been trying to refocus about every second. I like the feature for auto exposure, but it does seem like there should be an on-screen identifier so you know to turn it off/on.