Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thoseios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2012
My iPhone 4S is having very annoying bug since few months back, volume buttons are mixed up, (-) will increase the volume and (+) also increases, sometimes both decrease the volume, pressing interchangeably will solve the issue. Anybody have this issue?

Updated software updates few times, latest one being 5.1.1, didn't solve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Maybe a hardware issue. I've never heard of this issue before now so it's not a very well known bug.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Are you sure that your + key is on the top, and the - key on the bottom? I've heard someone whose phone had the volume keys reversed ( - key on top and + key on bottom).

thoseios

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Are you sure that your + key is on the top, and the - key on the bottom? I've heard someone whose phone had the volume keys reversed ( - key on top and + key on bottom).

The key positions are correct.

----------

LMAO!

You aren't jail broke are you? If not its most definitely a hardware issue take it to apple should get free replacement.

Not jailbroken at the moment, and was never jailbroken since purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.