iphone 4s vs 4 Signal Strength

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blush, Oct 14, 2011.

1. blush macrumors newbie

I would be very grateful if someone could please let me know how the two phones compare for signal. If I get an iphone 4s it will be for better signal.

Thanks in advance.

2. aldo82 macrumors regular

I'd also appreciate an answer to this. Considering getting the 4S on a two year contract on Three in the Uk but would like know if reception is any better than the 4 before I commit

3. ihonda macrumors 68000

4. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

seems very good (no direct comparison).
    possibly one bar better if you believe the meter :)

5. rjdoc74 macrumors member

I am really interested in this myself. I get 1-2 bars in a lot of places on verizon. It's pathetic.

6. pbateman macrumors 6502

I'd be interested in the antenna performance as well, I am one of the "few" who have the antenna issue on my Iphone 4, since I use it without a case I tend to bridge the line often and with low reception at work as is, I drop a lot of calls.
    This would be the one reason why I'd consider upgrading to the 4s but I'd like to be sure this is no longer an issue. Anyone who had issues with their 4 if they can compare with their 4s would be great!

7. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Seems about the same so far. Anyone know if there is a diagnostics menu to show reception in decibels for iOS 5?

8. Bakes7 macrumors newbie

In my home I get one bar better compared to my iphone4. Check the front page news as well, seems death grip is no longer an issue either.

9. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Great for me on a different provider now so I can't really judge bars but defiantly no death grip issue anymore :)