iPhone 4S vs Canon 5DMII

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steviejobz, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

5D is better but still impressed with this 4S. Probably puts my 60D to shame though.

Now I think I might have to get this phone. It is pretty impressive.

http://vimeo.com/30606785

2. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4s camera does look great, but lets face it, its no DSLR no matter what people compare it to!

Jordan

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

The Canon was better, but the iPhone 4S camera is amazing for such a portable device.

4. rcappo macrumors regular

I took a bunch of photos this past weekend with both. The detail of a 21MP full-frame sensor with real good lenses is very hard to compete with...it does weigh a lot more and get in the way when you are rock climbing up a cliff...

The iPhone will work in situations where the 5D M2 isn't practical or allowed.

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

the iPhone camera was (imo) better! Even if it is not as good quality you will likely have it with you more and it weighs way less

6. tadde macrumors newbie

I own an 5D mark II and there's no way a phone camera will beat a DSLR. The only advantage the iPhone has is the weight and portability, which every smartphone has.

7. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

When you're holding a 5D Mark II with a fast lens you'll appreciate the iPhone 4s even more. :)

8. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I believe the 4s is going to create a whole new level of cinematography for facebookers/bloggers who were used to just taking pictures and posting them. Were going to see a lot more videos being posted from events and stuff.

9. rcappo macrumors regular

I also wish the Canon 5DM2 was smart enough to take HDR photos without post processing...

And a underwater case for the iPhone costs a lot less than the 5DM2.

10. bellaisa macrumors regular

yea, because everyone can afford a high end Canon DSLR...