Iphone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II drop test

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phokus, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Phokus macrumors regular

2. maddog91 macrumors regular

Because the iPhone looks like its worth 200 while the samsung is made from plastic..Honeslty don't ask stupid questions..The phone CANT be dropped..period,if you are inclined to drop it get a case. Yes it sucks and yes apple should build something better but the phone is 50% looks 50% software.. thats what they sell,eye candy..galaxy s doesn't stand out in a bin full of phones,iPhone does.

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Again with this? Just in a quick note if your happy with your phone forget about anything else if your no get another device ? Sorry for the reply but posted many times doesn't make anyone changed their mind for getting a phone or apple to exchanged the material

4. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Old news, man. Honestly, if you drop something, it's going to break. Plastic or not. ****, at least the iPhone's battery case doesn't keep popping off like it did on my superiorly built high quality plastic piece of **** Samsung Focus.

5. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

GS2 is plastic and is super light compared to the iPhone, of course it was going to fare better in a drop test.

6. Phokus thread starter macrumors regular

Apparently, the SSGS 2 won't break when you drop it.

7. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

My iPhone won't break when I drop it. Oh, wait. I've never dropped it. Had all four models of the iPhone. None dropped and none broke.

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The S2's display front is Corning Gorilla Glass, not plastic.

We don't know if Apple also used Corning glass, or something similar cooked up in China.

9. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Are Android fanboys THIS desperate these days to use a drop test as a measure of superiority?

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Apparently Samsung or your Carrier won't replace the Galaxy 2 if you break it.

Apple on the other hand has replaced my water damaged & screen cracked iPhone 4 for FREE. 11 days after warranty was expired. And even if I had to pay, it would only be $199 for a replacement. One of the reasons iPhone owners are not too worried vs owning any other expensive phone.

11. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Water damage without apple care for free ? Really never have been to apple since my last iPod (4 years ago) and they did replace my device because the power button was stuck, 10 minute late I had a new iPod lol

12. shadrap macrumors 6502

Yes, Samsung realizes that most Android users do not give a crap about their phone, hence the plastic and gorilla glass. Apple knows its users will treat the phone as the gem it is and protect it. :D

13. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Actually, we do. During the iPhone 4 keynote. They mentioned Corning Gorilla glass!!

14. thenerdal macrumors 65816

iPhone 4 has Aluminosilicate Glass, not Gorilla Glass.

15. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Whatever Apple used on the original iPhone they need to bring back. I used that phone without a case the whole time I had it and there aren't any scratches on the glass. My 3gs on the other hand got small hairline scratches on it and even my replacement glass for it after cracking the original was better.

16. Sixtyin3 macrumors member

The S2 is going to fair better in a drop test all the time, plastic > glass for durability. Aesthetically the iP4S is probably a better looking device, it just can't take a hit!

I own a Epic Touch GS2 on Sprint and I love the device and its really durable. I think it's a great phone, just wish it had a higher res screen.

I will probably end up with an iPhone 5 when they go LTE next year, but probably not before then. Hopefully the UI gets an overhaul, I'd miss my widgets and things of that nature.

17. bryanc87 macrumors newbie

If you're measuring by its durability then maybe get one of those old rubber Nokias from back in2000 shall we do a drop test for that and iPhone too?

Haha

18. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Had an iPhone for 3 years, never broke it, let my girlfriend borrow it for five minutes at the gym, she comes out to the pool with a shattered front glass iPhone 4.

For some people drop tests are relevant, others they are not.