iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mitzi298, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitzi298 macrumors newbie

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America and all ships at sea. This just in: Glass breaks when you drop it.

3. Savor Suspended

Savor

I was checking out the Galaxy S II for AT&T today, and I really did like the form factor and most of the backside. I can live with a 4.3 inch screen. The difference between the height and width of the Captivate vs GSII is hardly noticeable. Only neg is obviously the plastic on the bottom and the borders.

You either pick your poison. Glass, and you feel premium, weight, and that "bling" factor when it is clean. But it shatters and prone to fingerprints. Or plastic where you get that cheap lightweight feel, prone to scratches (and fingerprints), but can take sudden impact a little better since it can bend. And lightweight does help the innards better since gravity loves heavier phones.

For me when it comes to solid construction and better ergonomics, HTC or Motorola FTW! The Sensations, MyTouch Slide 4G, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, and even the recent and well-reviewed Nokia N9 look very durable to me.

Lately, I've been craving design. I would go to a store and just check out all the phones and I would feel it in my hand. I don't crave about OSes, apps, or ecosystems right now. Why does the Android phones appeal to me lately than iPhones? Because Android offers variety when it comes to designs and form factors. Seems more interesting. With iPhone, you have to wait about two years just for a NEW design.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yeah its never good when an iPhone 4S lands on its glass side. For some reason, they almost always do.

6. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

It would be hard for it not to. 80% of the surface of the iPhone 4S is glass.

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate too well over the internet. :)

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL, first post huh..... No this isn't a troll post at all.... If you're going to troll at least come up with something original, not rehash another troll thread another troll posted.

Come on guy, didn't you see the sign that said "don't feed the trolls"?

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This has already been posted numerous times
    Please search the forums to join in a conversation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.