iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S II price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark28, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

For a 1 gb data plan 2 year contract, it costs 850 euro for the 32 gb Samsung Galaxy SII version in total.

The iPhone 4S 32 gb costs 1289 euro's in total with the same contract.

So the total price difference is 439 euro. That's alot of money?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

4. matttye macrumors 601

iPhone's have always been a lot more expensive than similar tech. This is nothing new.

5. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Here in the USA, I bought both phones for the exact same price. My iP4S & SGS II were $199.00 from AT&T.

6. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

It's going to cost me 439 euro extra if I buy an iPhone 4S 32 gb with a 1 gb data plan. I'm not sure if an iPhone 4S is worth 439 euro more.

7. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The cheaper price is one of the main selling point of SGS 2. You have to decide whether the exact cost is worth it for you. No one knows this better than you do.

8. mark28 thread starter macrumors 68000

Problem is, I have only used iOS till now. Never used Android before. So I have no idea if I'll like Android.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Don't your carriers offer some sort of return period?

10. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I think he complained about the overall price after 2 years contract, not upfront fees.

11. lovish macrumors member

Its nice... it has somw advantages over the ios and the intigrity is also great.. you get notifications for everything.. u could install icecream sandwitch on s2 which is really smooth.. but even after all this there something in ios that's missing.. the magic is missing.. and I miss that a lot.. I am using android but planning to buy an ipod touch too to have ios near to my heart like before... :beer::):)

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

12. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

It sucks to have to buy apps for two platforms.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Apple charges more for their products as so many users return their phone 4-5 times before they calm down and find out that nothing is perfect!

14. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Yeah, but if they are both the same plan then wouldn't the only difference be the up front fees? Unless in Europe it just costs more for an iPhone plan? 439 euros sure does seem like one hell of a premium for an iPhone.

15. darster Suspended

They are both great phones. The question you have to ask is what the true cost of switching platforms. As another poster said, buying apps all over again if you switch. The cost of all the accessories if you choose to buy such things. Sure, there are a lot of free apps with android, but no one really checks those apps out and some may create issues with your phone. For android pros, thats no problem as they know what they are doing, but for android newbs, trying to figure out what app is draining your battery, or why your phone is sluggish, etc, can be a headache for the first few months, which may ruin your experience during the initial period when its suppose to be "fun". Perhaps thats why apple iphone users are more loyal, because in general, iphones are easy to use without much of a learning curve right out of the box.

16. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Can't talk for other countries. But the price difference between iPhones and non-iPhones in the UK is CRAZY! I mean I could literally have taken out 2 12 month contract for the SGS2 when it was released and the overall cost of that would have still probably been cheaper than one 24 month contract for the iPhone 4S here. And we're talking bout same amount of minutes, data and texts. :eek: