iPhone 4S Water Damage- Rear Camera/LED Flash not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by verizoniphone4, May 12, 2012.

1. verizoniphone4 macrumors newbie

Story: Mom accidentally left her 4S on nightstand and sloshed water on it. Phone vibrated and shut off. Put in bag of rice for five days.

Problem: Rear camera and LED flash do not appear to be working. However, front camera DOES work(I heard if one didn't work than the other didn't). Sometimes gets No Service after reboot.

Does anyone have some sort of tip to get the camera and LED flash to work? She refuses to pay $199 for a replacement(she CAN afford this) and we bought it for her because she needed a better camera and siri(for when she's driving in the car). I would take off the back but don't want to void the warranty(I know it's voided but they wont replace it for $199 if they see the device was tampered with or if the phone is in more than one piece). I am also trying to explain to her that the device my just corrode more and that the phone would just stop working. Unfortunately, she refuses to believe this.

2. PhyliciaSchnee macrumors newbie

There seems to be two sides to the argument.

One is that Flexible LED Strip Lights , being much cheaper to use, will allow people to pollute more and not have to worry about the environmental and/or financial impacts of doing so, which will make light pollution worse.

Conversely led strip is much more precise and is easier to use directionally and keep it pointed down. Also, since it doesn't require the extended recharge times when you turn them on as compared with sodium lamps and other more conventional lights, they will be more practical to use in applications like infrared proximity lighting.

Personally I think high density led will decrease light pollution, but perhaps I'm just being naive and thinking that way just because I want to think that way, to make myself happier. What do you think? What other factors do you think I might not have considered here?:D

3. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Either

A) do something that won't void the warranty to make her think it's broken

B) thrown it at the ground to crack the screen

C) tell her to "get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich"

Or...

D) don't worry. She'll learn, its not your phone after all