iPhone 4s weird problem help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrdrag1201, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jrdrag1201 macrumors newbie

I was messing with my 4s (5.0.1, jb with absinthe windows gui) when it randomly powered off and displayed a spinning wheel that stopped every once in a while. A tear ran down my face as I feared that my phone was done. As I searched for help, my phone randomly powered on saying it was in safe mode. Instead of thinking, I instinctively hit 'exit safemode' and it went back into a spinning wheel, still stopping every 30 seconds or so. When it stops, it vibrates signifying it is powering on. Itunes recognizes the iphone with correct information and all that, and it doesn't show the phone disconnecting. When I try to hard-shutdown (hold the power and home button at the same time) it will shut off, if its connected to my computer it automatically reboots itself for some reason and continues the weird spinning wheel thing. If It's disconnected, I have to power it back on, but it resumes the spinning wheel as well.

PLEASE HELP!

2. jrdrag1201 thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone powered back on in safe mode, though this took significantly longer then it did last time to do so. I am so happy that my phone is not bricked or something, but Im going to leave it in safe mode until I can get more info on this.

/relief

EDIT: I tried to remove the cydia app I thought caused the problem, but then it asked me to restart springboard. I thought it might fix this and I could get on with my life, but now Im in this loop again.

/cry