Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kieron121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
OK, I've done a Google search on my problem and it seems quite a few people on the official apple boards have this issue, but no resolve.

Basically i can connect to my home network, and I'm now a couple of days in using my new iPhone, but the speed had dropped tremendously from the decent speed it was, to the point where my 3g is alot faster, and it has continuously been like this, videos and pages take forever to load on my wi fi.

now I'm hoping that because it's a common issue it has to do with Ios5 and not a hardware issue, as i ordered mines from the website, so i would have to go through mail returns if it was a hardware issue!

So I'm wondering how many of you have experienced a similar issue, and if any one has a decent resolve aside from going into an apple store.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I have a 20 Mbps connection from Comcast. I get 36 Mbps up and 6Mbps from my macbook.

My Iphone 4 used to get about 24-25 Mbps using speed test. My 4S gets 28 Mbps.

Try connecting to a different router, at a friends house maybe. if its bad everywhere you try wifi at, you should try resetting your network settings. If that doesnt work, maybe a restore as new phone. If not, make a genius appointment.

What kind of router are you using?

Mine is an Asus Black Diamond

kieron121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
i'm not to much a tech wiz, but i on a linksys router :-S doesn't say much, but it works fine, i never experience drops ins speeds with my htc desire, unless i was running a download, but the wi fi from my 4s has dropped alot.
how do i reset my wi fi setting like you suggested?

destroyboredom

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2002
Washington, DC.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

In the settings go to general, then reset, there is an option there to reset network settings.

kieron121

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Ok ive done this, and it has gotten a boost again. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.