iPhone 4S Wifi is super slow!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by babcocksc, Oct 28, 2011.

1. babcocksc macrumors newbie

I am using Clear 4G internet.
    My wired computer get the same results as my wireless laptop on a speedtest - about 5.30 Mbps down and About 1.00 Mbps up with a ping between 80-160. When I do a speedtest on my iphone over Wifi, I get about 0.29 Mbps down and around 0.80 Mbps up with a ping of around 300.

I don't understand. My 3G Speedtests are leaving my wifi 4G in the dust - any ideas on what is going on?

P.S. Clear gives you two modems so I have one at work on a Cradlepoint router and another at home on a netgear router and they both give me the same slow results on my iphone but fast speeds on everything else!

2. kieron121 macrumors newbie

Getting the same problem dude, not quite as slow, but still slower than my of and my android htc. Posted a similar question. I'm quite annoyed by it as I bought my phone from apples web site and I wOuld probably have to mail order return it as they don't do exchanges in store if bought from there. ( is that right?)

3. BredyHeron macrumors newbie