iPhone 4s wifi issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by abz1981, Jul 16, 2012.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi

Really strange issue. My iPhone 4s seems to have stopped picking up my home wifi router. I was using wifi at work today so that was fine. I was using wifi at home and it was fine. Now all of a sudden wifi router is not being picked up. I have checked the wifi router it is fine. As my MBA is picking it up fine and is connected.

I have done a soft reboot (holding power button and home button together) no result in getting wifi router back on my iPhone 4s. Any other suggestion guys?

Thanks in advance
    Abz

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Go into settings/wifi select your home network, select the advanced section (> on the right site) select forget network.

Now restart phone and do a new setup frim your home network.

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

My home network is not being displayed so unable to select it. It's now showing any wifi network on my phone. Normally it shows other wifi networks too.

4. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

My home wifi is working fine. As its working fine with my MBA. It seems to be that the iPhone has lost the ability to pick up any wifi locations. As its not even picking the next door neighbours wifi or anything either.

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Does it work if you enter everything manually by selecting "Other..."?

6. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey all. I made an appointment with the genius bar. They couldn't figure out why it wasn't connect to wifi either. They replaced my handset. All is working now.