Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aidy06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Hi, my partner currently has an iPhone 4S which is around 18 months old. We actually got it replaced under warranty in its 12th month as it had 3G issues so it's not even that old but it's still out of warranty never the less, she has a major problem with it which is the wifi wont work at all. I've reseted network setting and done full restores numerous times including setting it up as a new handset, the wifi still will not work. It has no water damage and hasn't been dropped, its just stopped working. Sometimes the wifi option will be greyed out and other times you can turn it on and off but it wont find the network, we haven't had time to book a Genius Appointment yet but I'm guessing Apple will just say that they can't do anything as it is out of warranty. Any ideas? Thanks

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Only thing left to try would be to restore the iOS software. If that doesn't work, then it's looking like a hardware issue.

Aidy06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Only thing left to try would be to restore the iOS software. If that doesn't work, then it's looking like a hardware issue.

You mean just download the 6.1.3 ipsw and restore using that? Didn't think that would make a difference to just restoring it through iTunes? Will give it a try though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.