Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dfrtbx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
I actually have two problems with my iPhone 4S:

1. Apps won't sync with iTunes
  2. No third-party apps on my phone will open. I'll tap one, a black screen will show for a microsecond, as if the app is trying to open, and then it will close again.

I believe, however, that if I solve the first problem, all it takes is a restore to solve the second problem. I can't restore, however, until my phone is backed-up, which iTunes apparently refuses to do.

Attached is a picture of my iTunes, focused on the "Apps" tab. I've made a few notes in the picture.

iTunes is up to date. My iPhone says that it doesn't need to be updated.

The last thing I did with my iPhone (before all the apps stopped working) was plug it into the TV so that the latter could play music off the former's MP3 player.

I've searched the web for a solution, but nobody's problem, as far as I've researched, was exactly the same as mine. I tried a couple "solutions" out, but none of them worked.

Thank you,
Dfrtbx

EDIT: Shoot! I was a little hasty with the post button and forgot to attach the image. Working on it now!

Attachments

• iphone problem.jpg
    iphone problem.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 341

Dfrtbx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Sorry, I'm a newbie. What's a reboot? I tried the home button + lock button hold thing, to no avail.

I actually haven't played with iCloud at all yet, given that my phone is less than a week old. Playing with it now, however.

Dfrtbx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
I've just backed my phone up on iCloud. Is it safe to restore?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.