Iphone 4s Will not update to IO6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bennett168, Sep 22, 2012.

1. bennett168 macrumors newbie

Hi all i was wondering if some one may be experiencing the same problems i am having trying to update to IO6 ?

So my problems began when i saw the update on my phone telling me IO6 was available, but when i tried to download it (via phone) i was given an error message, So i thought i would sync up to itunes and try updating that way.

No such look, all of a sudden my iphone will not detect in itunes ( read computer) - device manager has an unknown device attached and the drivers will not install at all.

I tried putting the phone in to recovery mode but still will not detect

I tried to put phone into DFU mode but still the same problem

I should at this point confess that my iphone is jailbroken (through absinthe) so i uninstalled all the packages that i have downloaded leaving the bare minimum that came installed with cydia.

Still no joy, so i reset my iphone - completed but no joy

Then i tried to erase my phone/data but this just puts up a black screen with a spinning circle and i have to hard reset the phone to get back to the spring board. and my data is still intact.

Has anyone else had this problem ? and if so did you find a fix to get around it?

any help of suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. sellis macrumors newbie

im having the exact same problem and ive tried EVERYTHING!!!

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The jailbreak is the problem. You're going to have to restore through DFU mode.