iphone 4s with Gevey sim

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ansabakhan, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have a AT&T iphone 4s and want to use it with Tmobile , is it possible to use Gevey sim on iphone 4 s?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Nothing can be done on the 4S, no Jailbreak, no Unlocks, nothing..Enjoy SIRI :D

3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Why the heck did you just sign a 2 year agreement with AT&T when you could have just bought a 4S unlocked when Apple releases it (not sure if they did yet).

You're going to have to pay an early termination fee if you break your contract.

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The point is that "nothing" works on the 4S...including Gevey...

Gevey Sim is an unlock solution for iPhone 4 iOS 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.3 , 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 with baseband 1.59, 2.10, 3.10.1, 4.10.1.

So GEVEY & GEVEY Pro don't required JB, GEVEY Ultra will require users to jailbreak their iPhone 4.

6. g35 macrumors 6502a

Actually gevey ultra works without JB if you do the manual process. I did this with mine because furiousmod doesn't work for iOS 5.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You don't get it. There may never be an unlock for 4S.

9. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    never say never

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

and even still you will have to pay a ETF with AT&T. Waiting till Apple sells Factory unlocked Iphones latter this month at you $649 16Gb $749 32GB and $849 64GB. Would be way more logical.

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'm talking about realistic expectations. Would you say this to someone waiting for an unlock from the dev team?

12. TC25, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

TC25 macrumors 68020

What part of 'may never' don't you understand? But I will say it. You will never see another software unlock.

When factory unlocked phones are available to everyone, the dev team is not going to devote their limited resources to a software unlock. They can't even develop a version of redsn0w that doesn't break iBooks even though ih8sn0w has.

13. johnnyturbouk, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

(1) the may part!!!!!

(2) Ok, you can put your claws away!

(3) The dev team do not just work on unlock - some of us only want a JB!
    With comex defected, geohot awol, we all turn to the dev team!

PS: how do you know the future policies of the dev team? -Are you their official MR spokesperson?
    Missed that on the tweets!

----------

blah....blah....blah

chillax

14. TC25 macrumors 68020

Anyone who has ever been involved in software development has enough experience to make the same statement. Everyone else can keep waiting, and asking when, a software unlock will be available. If you want the official Dev Team answer, try asking this same question at their web site.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might be waiting for a long time.
    Sell it and put the money towards purchasing an unlocked iphone 4S from Apple.

16. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

I think you need to re-scrutinise this post again matey?

Unless you suffer from receptive dysphagia+ cerebro-tactile uncoupling, I did not at any point ask for the Dev teams official stance; i simply stipulated whether you where the Dev teams official MR spokesperson? As you where making sweeping generalisations on their behalf.

You can make an educated guess based on your summated experience - whatever, or a subjective opinion.

However, you decreed:

I fail to comprehend this. How could you possibly know this unless you were the Dev Team? I work for the NHS, does not mean i can make vast, sweeping statements by the Department of Health.

:rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, i have my IP4 JB, and my IP4S for SIRI - yes i desire a JB (not unlock) and appreciate all the hard work carried out by the JBers

(oh, and their official MR spokesman :rolleyes: )