iPhone 4s wont sync apps to folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kbphoto615, Apr 9, 2012.

1. kbphoto615 macrumors newbie

A friend of mines kid was messing with my darn phone and reset all my settings. After this happened I was stuck in safe mode no matter what I did. Well I uninstalled a bunch of tweaks and got my phone out of safe mode now thank goodness. Only to run into a new problem. Now all my apps are displaced across my phone and no matter how much I backup and sync I cannot get the apps to stay in folders. I re-arrange them on iTunes and on the Phone itself but after the sync process is done in iTunes, all apps are thrown about again all over the home pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am new here and somewhat new to jailbreaking entirely, I hope I am in the right section here and I hope someone can help me out. I am at a loss as to what to do to fix this issue, I have so many apps they all can't even fit on my pages so it's really annoying to have them not stay in folders.. I am on an iPhone 4s 5.0.1 jailbroke with absinthe. Again any advice would be much appreciated so thank-you in advance to anyone's time and help!

- KB

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

There is this nice thing on the internet, im not sure you heard of it yet. It's called Google and it lets you magically search for answers!

3. kbphoto615 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow super helpful community here I see. You don't think I tried google first? I guess you're used to dealing with stupid people. I've googled, can't find anything like what I am experiencing. But if you want to point me in the right direction, I'd def take the help. Other wise, thanks for nothing. :)

4. flashyman macrumors member

I also tried on google, but have not got any exact solution..

5. kbphoto615 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

It really sounds like enough damage was done by the kid to require a full restore. This will take you back to the original operating system, clean up all the settings and eliminate whatever weirdness was introduced.

Plug into iTunes, click restore, and when it's done, re-sync your apps.

7. kbphoto615 thread starter macrumors newbie

In which case I have no choice but to go to 5.1 software huh? I have tried restoring from a backup and the problem is still there. So I'd have to restore to new, in which case I lose my jailbreak right? There's so many confusing articles i don't know what's current. :/ I really don't wanna lose my jailbreak.