iphone 4s won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stephaniesays, Feb 25, 2012.

1. stephaniesays macrumors newbie

My phone is 4 months old and I didn't jailbreak it. I was using it an hour ago and it had about 20% battery. I just picked it up to make a call and it won't turn on/go to lock screen/etc. I didn't drop it, get it wet. . .didn't do anything to it, just put it in my purse, came back in an hour, and nothing! Hopefully somebody out there can helfp!!!
    *I don't have applecare+, so, if it's totally dead what will apple/at&t do for me?? since it's only 4 months old!!!

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. uPhone macrumors regular

if you already tried DFU mode, resetting it, charging it, take it to the apple store

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

You do have AppleCare. It's also known as a warranty. It lasts for a year if you don't void it.

5. 808? macrumors 6502a

Plug it into a wall socket charger and leave it for a few hours.

6. normanbates macrumors regular

I concur!!!

You have 1 year warranty as standard, don't try all the DFU, restore etc, just take it back to Apple and they will sort it for you.

DFU is not supposed to be used by users and there is no legitimate reason for a user to put it into DFU mode within the first year