Iphone 4s world phone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Archie26, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Archie26 macrumors newbie

Ok Im going to buy the new 4s but Im still trying to decide which carrier to use. I currently have the iphone 4 on ATT with an unlimited plan but I dont get a decent 3g signal where I work. The people with verizon phones get a much better 3g signal. Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to networks but if I had a world phone will I be able to get a better 3g signal? Or am I going to have to switch carriers?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's not so much dependent on the phone itself but the network you're with. Their cell site coverage determines your coverage and signal strength. The fact that it's a world phone is neither here nor there.

3. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

The simple fact that it's a "world phone" doesn't have anything to do with your 3G coverage/signal strength. The term "world phone" in this case is referring to the fact that the phone can handle both CDMA as well as GSM networks.

The primary factor here would be your carrier. In general, I reckon Verizon has been known to have generally better 3G coverage over a wider area than AT&T.