iPhone 4S - Yellow ring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sentinel101, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sentinel101 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I recently discovered that on the right side, basically above the SIM card slot, I have a very light yellow ring. I tried to capture it in a photo, hope you can see it.
    I bought this phone in October 2012. I don't know if this issue has been there all along, because it's quite hard to see or if it is a recent thing. I discovered it last week and it's been bothering me ever since.

I have read that yellow spots and tint is a quite common issue in 4S. Has anyone had a similar problem and does this defect go under warranty?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I had the same exact thing on my iphone 4 100% the same. Sadly it was out warranty. If you bring it to an apple store near you they will replace the phone. Good luck!!

3. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Yup. I had a similar issue with my iPad with a defect in the display. They replaced it on the spot no questions.

4. Sentinel101 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Help please!

Hi, I also have this issue. Will the Apple Store replace it free of charge!?! I sure hope so.

6. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

That probably will depend on whether it is still under warranty, or they might fix it or replace it for free regardless. Hard to say until you bring it in a see what they say. Please report back on what happens.