iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by John9721, Jan 4, 2014.

1. John9721 macrumors newbie

Hey folks, stopped by the Apple Store today to look over all 3 colors of the 5S before I order mine and just realized that the 4S was still made. With the release of iOS 7, is this phone still worth it? Only asking because it saves some money over the 5c or 5s, but at the same time I much prefer the 5S. Thanks!

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Did you notice the only 4s you can get from Apple is the 8 GB?

3. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Still using my 4S. To be honest if I where you I'd look at a used unlocked 5 if you are budget conscious. For what it's worth my kids are happily using iPhone 4 under iOS7, depends on your requirements/usage.

4. sammy-boy macrumors regular

I've just traded in my 4s for a 5 but the 4s is still very capable, still quite quick even with iOS 7 and did all I needed. Might be worth tracking down a used 16 or 32gb version though as they only sell the 8gb version new as stated above.

5. John9721 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, on my carrier (Virgin Mobile) they have a back-stock of 16 GB 4S models, but they are still $359.99, and thats on a 10% off sale.

6. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

I agree with this guy.
    I think this is the best option if you want to keep the phone a few more years! iOS7 on 4s is kinda slow, iOS8 will be even slower.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I'm still using and loving my 4S. I very much disagree with the person above who said iOS 7 is slow on the device, though I will say that if you jailbreak it doesn't handle some of the tweaks as well. I personally would not buy a new 4S though; I agree with those saying a used or refurbished 5 is a good option for the budget-conscious.

8. rich32gb5s macrumors regular

Im trading my 4s in now for a 5s. 5 or 5s is good. 4s will struggle from now onwards and im sure wont get any easier as new demanding ios progresses.

Just depends on your budget. We all want a cheaper phone that still performs but hey! :)