iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netty1994, May 24, 2014.

1. netty1994 macrumors newbie

hi,im new here:D i have a question:does it worth to buy an iphone 4s?? in 2014?:D

2. Ann P, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014

Ann P macrumors 68020

iphone 4s

IMO still a very capable phone. It runs latest version of ios 7 smoothly and if you can find one that's still on ios 6, even better.

3. netty1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

i curently have an sony xperia L,does it worth to change to iphone 4s?? what would be the pros and cons?:D

4. cynics macrumors G4

I don't know anything about the Sony Xperia. However the 4S is getting a little long in the tooth. There are certain features not supported in the latest version of iOS (picture during video, AirDrop, slo mo, etc). And while it runs OK if you use a newer device you can tell its slower (obviously because its older). Other cons are the 30 pin connector (not a big deal if its your only iDevice), 3.5" screen, no LTE.

Overall its still a good phone though. I'm still using one.

5. netty1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't care about slow mo or airdrop i just want him to work fine for 2 years from now with stability not like an android

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

No, spend the money to buy at least an iPhone 5c.

7. netty1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh but i don't have money i just want to give my xperia for an iphone 4s:D

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It can be worth it if you like the iPhone and iOS.

9. curiosity macrumors regular

Along with the 4, it's the most solid iPhone ever. Steel frame and glass, it doesn't get scratched as easily as aluminum. In terms of aesthetics it's probably the most beautiful phone the world has ever seen. I'm always happy when I see people using a 4/4s. I'm thinking like yeah, those people have taste.

I would even buy another iPhone 4 this year.

10. jjfad macrumors member

I just traded in my android for a 4S. It runs beautifully. Camera is second to none. Sure the 5S and 5C are nice upgrades but to answer your question the 4S is still highly functional. I am running iOS7. Have not had the experience of running ios6 on this phone.

Before I got the 4S I had tried the iPhone 4. That one was running ios6 and was a horrible experience. Laggy but usable and really frustrating overall. And there are some apps that will only run in iOS 7.

I still prefer the android OS but my wife's family relies heavily on group SMS which android does a poor job of handling.

----------

Agree, the iPhone 4/4S is beautiful!

11. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iPhone 4S

So I don't have "taste" because I have an iPhone 5c?

OP, the 4s shows it's age but it should be fine for you.

12. cynics, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014

cynics macrumors G4

iPhone 4S

Well 2 years from now and it won't have the latest version of iOS. If it gets iOS 8 that will almost certainly be the last version of iOS the 4S sees.

Stability of mobile OS's is more subjective. I use a Motorola Xoom for work because its has a more powerful email client (sending variety and multitudes of file attachments). I use an iPad at home. So I use the Xoom much more, here is a screenshot of its uptime.

[​IMG]

Any iPad I've ever owned (iPad 2, 3 and Air) has never even come close to that without a springboard crash.

13. netty1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i realy like the ios i had an iphone 3gs before,btw how is the camera on 4s?? it is better then on my xperia?? and i don't want to make jailbreak

14. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

If you have open Facebook, Twitter and try starting a game you will feel lag. With iPhone 4s that would have run smoothly.

15. netty1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thx,yea i know and the stability of android....i am afraid that my phone wil start to be veryy very slow after awile

16. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

I miss my 4s for the camera I feel like the iphone 5 camera leaves images blurry and has terrible focus. Both mine and my friends iphone 5 have a terrible camera. The 4s camera took nicer pictures when zooming in on the original image the lines looked cleaner. Call me crazy but I really hate the camera of the iohone 5