iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by green9206, Dec 7, 2014.

1. green9206 macrumors member

green9206

Is it worth getting an iPhone 4S over something like Moto G or Lumia 730?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Depends on how long you expect to have it and want support. This is likely the last update the 4s is seeing. The Lumia will see longer support from Microsoft.

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

no. I am using an iphone 4s right now and I definitely don't recommend it at this point.

4. reery macrumors regular

reery

iPhone 4S

I also wouldn't recommend it. I jumped from a 4S to 6 and it was a giant leap performance wise.

5. Xiroteus macrumors 65816

Depending how well it currently runs I was thinking of picking up a used 4s as a small camera wifi device. If I can find one at good price. Not a ton of options for a compact Internet device with a good camera, and I've been looking.

6. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Over the Lumia? Probably the 4s. Over the G? Most certainly not and this is coming from someone content with his 4s. I doubt that you'll be able to get a 4s under the price of the Motorola G and considering that the Motorola G is more recent it hopefully will be supported longer (hard to say with the Snapdragon 400 while the CPU is significantly better the GPU isn't). Helps the fact that the cheapest 4s will have 16 GB of storage while the Motorola G has a SD card slot and a bigger screen. Though this will highly depend on what you'll be mainly using the device for and what other Apple devices you have.

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I 2nd this

8. Eduardo Forneck macrumors regular

Eduardo Forneck

No. I own a 4s. The Moto G is much faster, the lumia probably too.