iPhone 4S's shipping with what iOS now?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ANinjaPeanut, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ANinjaPeanut macrumors member

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone that's bought a 4S recently can tell me what iOS version their device came with?
    I'm thinking of upgrading to the 4S soon but I don't want to be unjailbroken :p
    Thanks in advance

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well I've read on various forums of people getting a mix of 5.0.1 and 5.1.

Sounds like a lottery at the moment !

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

I got a replacement 4s 2 weeks ago and I got iOS 5.1. So needless to say I'm wicked bummed out. Hopefully a jailbreak will be released soon!

I would assume the iOS version you get depends on the area you live (population wise) and how busy a particular store is. I'm in Boston and the store I got mine at is always busy so if a store is moving a lot of product you can basically guarantee you're getting 5.1.

5. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Got my 4s yesterday and it was 5.0.1 When apple store guy saw the version he's like, 'you gonna go it right?'

My answer was Yup indeed!

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

nobody can answer this 100% depends on the inventory at the time. the sooner you get one though the better your chances are. however you won't know for sure until you open the box and activate it. ;)

7. jredecop macrumors 6502a

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

I agree with Labman. That's what I was trying to say but he made it much more concise.

But for those that got a 4s recently and got 5.0 or 5.0.1 congrats! I'm jealous! I am getting really tired of having to exit any app to respond to a text. I miss BiteSMS and my other staples, especially Manualcorrect Pro.

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Would I benefit from ManualCorrect Pro now that you can add your own corrections in iOS 5?

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

I still prefer that over the built in iOS manual correct. With Manualcorrect pro you can enable it so that it works in every single text field. For some reason the iOS' autocorrect doesn't work when I'm using google or other similar data entry fields. It seems to only work in texts and emails for me. Maybe a couple other places but I am constantly retyping words because the phone is messing me up. I bought the app a loooong time ago so I always install it. When I have to go back to stock for whatever reason I quickly realize how much I rely on Manualcorrect pro.

11. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I replaced my 4S on Friday here and got one running iOS 5.0 baby! Couldn't be happier lol... I missed being JB so damn much that I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it was running 5.0!