iPhone 4th Gen Midboard leaked by previously accurate China Ontrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Donz0r, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

From Gizmodo:
    http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/11/500x_iphone_4g_midboard-1.jpg

The same company was spot-on when they leaked the 3GS display before it was announced.

2. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Looks uniquely different from all the iPhones so far.. Do I see a slightly redesigned camera hole area and what's with the screws stuff?

Now how about a unibody iPhone.

3. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

When this comes out, I'll sell my 1st Gen iPhone and buy this one...

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

If true than that camera hole might include a small flash. Thats what it looks like to me :)

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yes, because we can all trust some Chinese reseller's listings and pictures.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is the 2nd post

on this subject and this company put those photo's up to get hits on there site as a draw every Iphone forum will have a link tons of people will go there to check it out this is Nov the next Iphone is due in June. 7 whole months away I promise you Apple would not allow pics of the actual Iphone or parts because it gives SJ less to talk about in June.

8. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

So based on this evidence, we know the next iphone will have a camera, a dock connector, and a mainboard. I can't wait :D

9. The Phazer macrumors 68030

No previous iPhone has even had a midboard have they?

So if nothing else this would seem to indicate a fairly major change in construction (if true).

I'm sure it's a real part, but I guess we'll see if it's a real part from a future iPhone or from someone making a similar looking device (as was the black bezel).

To be honest, in a midboard, that's probably just a screwhole to the side of the camera. A flash wouldn't need to be as deep as a lens assembly anyway.

Phazer

10. alent1234 macrumors 603

probably apple marketing leaking this to make people wait until next year since a few snapdragon CPU phones are about to go on sale soon

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Well there is already some 4th gens out there remember the guy who committed suicide over a lost one?