iPhone 5 3.7-inch screen confirmed by the latest iOS beta?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellrising, Sep 1, 2011.

1. hellrising thread starter macrumors newbie

2. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

You know.. some people don't spend hours upon hours on these forums. They miss things. It's one thing to let them know that it's been posted... but it's like an "attack" to be the first to shoot them down. "NO! We found this before you!" Then to make matters worse... people have to "negative rate" these posts to try to make them feel worse.

I honestly don't care THAT much.. but it doesn't make for a welcoming environment. You are not POLICE of this forum.

(I'm assuming I'll get -5 or so by the big, bad, cool Macrumor regulars).

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

How in the world was this an attack. He simply stated that it had been posted, and then even went to the trouble to show other threads where it is being discussed. Are you having a bad day or what?

4. troop231 macrumors 603

I honestly think the whole negative and postive post thing should be removed from MacRumors, it adds no content to the site whatsoever.

5. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Not just this occurance. It's a culmination. As if people on here are oout to be "first"... like HOW DARE you try to steal my thunder??
    I posted a thread on a cool concept iPhone. Someone else posted after me.. and the poor dude got attacked for it.

I'll stop now.

6. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I PM'd admin about this a while back.

The football forum I moderate on has a simple "appreciate" button, which shows the names of the users who have "appreciated" the post.

That means only those who genuinely found the post useful or helpful will use the feature, as opposed to the idiots who troll here marking posts down to do nothing more than make themselves feel all self important and warm inside.

I've been marked down by people when asking a question regarding Launchpad having framerate issues in Lion when there's a lack of free RAM. I replied saying that I found it amusing because it was probably some sad nerd, sitting in his parents home, thinking he was defending the "honour" of Mac OS X having been using it for a fraction of the time I have.

It's a poor feature, and one I was told was being looked at being removed in favour of something along the lines of appreciations or likes.

7. troop231 macrumors 603

Yup, I've seen a few forums where there is a thank you button for each post. It can get cluttered though.

8. LoganT macrumors 68020

At least it's not like Digg or some other sites where if a comment is rated negative, it's hidden from people.

9. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Yeah, that makes sense. I usually see a lot more negative ratings than I do positive!