iPhone 5 32GB & 64GB Reselling at the Same Price...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 11, 2013.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I thought I had noticed this annoyance when I sold my 4S, but eBay fluctuates enough that I wasn't sure. Now, I suspect I am correct: the 32GB and 64GB models are being resold at similar prices. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I should just downgrade to 32GB for the 5s even though I only have 500MB's free on my 5 :(.

2. 617aircav Suspended

why would you downgrade if you need 64gb?

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah when it comes to reselling you'll notice that having higher capacity models doesn't really push the value of your device very much over the other models.

It's mostly because the second hand market is dictating the market rather than Apple so you won't find $100 or even in some cases $50 price difference when reselling.

4. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I could deal with having less apps at a time and backing up images more frequently.

5. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

The joys of owning a 64gig sd card with my 16gig Note 2. When I upgrade to the 32gig Note 3 I will just bring over my sd card giving me 96gigs total; a sd card I paid $38 for last year.
    Thanks for this post. You helped me stick with the right choice. Enjoy the iphone! It's going to be a tough year hearing about iphone 6 rumors since the 5s is lackluster.

6. Kendo macrumors 68000

The joys of owning a Note but a shame there aren't many people out there to talk about it with because no one you know owns one. Hence the reason you are on an Apple forum?