Iphone 5/5S Leather Flip Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cerbul13, Feb 21, 2014.

1. cerbul13 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    After using for 2 years my PDair Iphone 4S flip case v2, and being really happy with it, I was absolutely sure that I will just order the Iphone 5 version of the same case for my brand new Iphone 5s, and be done with it. It seems that I am not that lucky, and to make it "better", it seems that I am in the situation of not being able to find a flip case that uses a clip that will actually grip on the top edge of the phone. The smart thing about this type of flip is that is incredibly fast to open the clap, but in the same time is secure. I can only open the clap if I put my pointing finger near the top of the phone where is the clap gripping on the phone edge. The reason this works is that the middle of the clap is slightly bending, releasing the grip from the top. In any other situation it simply won't come out. The other smart thing about this is that I can use my iphone 4s with one hand, for both opening and closing the case. When I close it, I simply flip it in air, and if I flip it just so that the clap feels a bit in speed, it will drop perfectly on the correct place, grabbing the phone edge in a secure state.

I tried to find quite a few cases with this type of mechanism, and I was unable to find one that actually grips correctly on the phone edge. Let me give you some examples:
    - Noreve cases, tradition one, kind of grips but not secure enough, and on top of that the clap doesn't stay in correct position, making me use both hands to put it back in place. This one I tested myself, so I know what I am talking about.
    - Stilgut cases, they are supposed to be designed to grip on the edge, however, I read reviews of ppl that say that is not properly gripping. Not sure what to believe.
    - There are a few more companies that build this type of flip style cases that are possible to be what I look for, but I could not find any information on them: Hoco, MELKCO JACKA, Argos, and there are a few more that I can't remember right now.

I could simply pick a more expensive brand like Piel Frama or even higher on Vaja, but seriously.. that is just too much. But indeed, those 2 companies would fix my "problem" with a magnet.

However, if anyone knows what I am talking about with the "grabbing on the edge" and "one hand open/close" and knows a case that can do this, I would very much love to know about it. I am also considering a one hand open/close pouch, with a clip, but that should be a rather large enough pouch so that I can take out the phone from it with one hand, and should be hard enough so that it doesn't bend in my pocket when I try to put my phone back, but soft enough so that I can pull out the phone with one hand :) I know, I want too much. I saw this kind of pouch by design, and is something of a magnet clap on a pouch that has 2 opened sides. But ofc, both sides are not totally opened, so that you can't pull out the phone if the small clap is not opened. Pretty interesting.

Please help me with some cases brands that are potentially selling what I look for.
    Thank You

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Get the piel frama flip, great case. They sell easy on ebay too if you change phones.