Resolved iPhone 5/6 Case...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iGeek 10.0, Jun 30, 2012.

1. iGeek 10.0, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

iGeek 10.0 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I could expect for cases right after the announcement of the next iPhone based off of what it was like just after the iPhone 4 came out when many third-party case makers didn't know the design of the iPhone until it was formally released.

To simplify everything, my question is: what cases will be available for the new iPhone at release? Will they only be from apple? Or will some be quickly made by third parties? I'm planning to buy it, and am thinking about how much I should budget or if I should budget anything for a case for my phone, depending on if there will be any cases worth buying.

Thanks in advance!

2. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

No one will be able to answer this question, as no one knows. Apple may have their own case available by the new iPhone launch date.

Have a few spare dollars for a case. If one's available that you like, purchase it. If not, wait for one you like.

3. iGeek 10.0 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Apple releases the design to a few trusted manufacturers so there are usually a few cases on hand at release.
    If the manufacturers leak the design then they don't get the info the next time around.
    For the iPhone 4 I remember there were iFrogs and incase available in the at&t store but not much more than that.