iPhone 5 Acting Very Strange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adminaaah, Apr 7, 2015.

1. adminaaah macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I'm having a rather strange problem with my iPhone 5. About three days ago, all of a sudden my home button randomly stopped working. I had to push down very hard on it or shake the phone to get it to work for five minutes again. Then yesterday, my iPhone would randomly turn off if I shook it even the slightest bit. I decided to restore it and it still did the same issue. Now, it won't stay on unless I have it on charge. It shows that it is 65% charged but as soon as I take out the charger, it turns off. If I turn it on without the charger, it shows the apple logo and turns off. :(

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do? My warranty has expired and I am thinking it is a battery issue.

2. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

You should go to your local APR or Apple Store let them check it.

3. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Would they charge me if I don't have a warranty? :confused:

4. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

If you are lucky and the personal is very friendly they should check it out for free. Also you could say that the battery is not good because there is a program for it (https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/other_countries.html) normally they give a refurbished iPhone.

5. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, I think i'll try that then. Thanks for the help!

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

They shouldn't charge you unless you sign the phone over to be serviced or replaced. You always have the right to turn down any service for any Apple device.