iPhone 5 Activating issues.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oGu, Nov 4, 2012.

1. oGu macrumors member

Hello.

On launch day I purchased two iPhones 5 from the Munchen Apple Store in Germany. I wasn't careful with my receipt and I lost it the day I got it. Both phone where 32Gb black and I paid full price of 789euros each.

My problem is that one of the phones won't activate with any sim card. I checked with some online unlocking services and they say that the status for this phone is Locked Germany Default.

I called the Apple Store in Germany and they told that they need a copy of the receipt to help me. Is this really possible. I mean I should have a warranty for this phone and they should have a record where it shows that I payed full price for the phone.

What are my options?

Attached Files:

2. blaake macrumors regular

have you tried contacting apple direct? youre obviously still in warranty because the phone is not even 2 months old. you just need to talk to the right person

3. oGu thread starter macrumors member

Already talked to apple in Germany and they told they can not help me without a copy of the receipt. Should I contact apple USA?

4. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Not that it matters now but just curious? Do they give you an option to get the receipt by email? Here in UK i always get the receipts for Apple products by email and put them in seperate folder.

It has to be away for them at the Apple store to help you, regardless if you have the receipt or not.

5. oGu thread starter macrumors member

Nope. They did not offer to email me the receipt. Also I sent an email on Friday asking them to send me a copy. They told me that I should receive a reply to my inquire by Tuesday. Hope they send me a copy. This way I can prove that I paid full price for my phone and thus it should be unlocked.

6. oGu thread starter macrumors member

Dear customer,

we are sorry for any inconvenience that occurred to you.

We could solve the issue.

In order to activate the iPhone please connect your iPhone 5 with the insert SIM card with iTunes and restore it. Please note that it might take up to 48h till your iPhone is activated. IF you are still experiencing problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
    Andrea Jedicke

Apple Retail Germany GmbH
    Apple Store München
    Rosenstr. 1
    80331 München
    Germany

Telefon: +49 89 242145000
    Telefax: +49 89 242145001

eMail: rosenstrasse@apple.com

7. oGu thread starter macrumors member

So it was a problem on their end. Happy they fixed it after hours spent on hold with calls to apple.