iphone 5 add on lenses?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mopppish, Sep 26, 2012.

1. mopppish macrumors 6502

Hello.
    Anybody know of any iPhone 5 compatible add on lenses for the camera?
    I saw the Olloclip and iPro Lens accessories for the iPhone 4/S.
    They seem pretty good. Too bad that the iPro ones are so expensive, though they obviously shoot better pictures.
    I'd like to give my girlfriend a system of some sort for xmas but would like to keep it under $100. I think the Olloclip would be acceptable. Even though the image quality isn't fantastic, it would still give her some options she wouldn't have otherwise. Plus, it's easy to add on by clipping on/off and her video work is usually pretty experimental and abstract, so while the quality isn't necessarily great, it would still fit her aesthetic and give her more options.
    Any other ones y'all have used or know are coming out for the 5?
    Thanks!

2. mopppish thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, I see that Olloclip is working on a model for the 5 that will be out this year.
    Good to hear.
    Any recommendations from other companies?

3. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

Only ones I know.

It's not really suitable for the IP5 front camera though as the magnetic sticker will cover the earpiece. You could cut the magnet in half so it doesn't tho.

They should be revising it for IP5 soon. $49 for 3 lenses

4. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

That's one of the more compact ones I've seen.

5. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

They seem to be working pretty well for my friend. Lenses are all attached magnetically. I believe there is also a lanyard with a magnet on it, so when not in use, you can just sit the lenses onto the lanyard and cap it.