iPhone 5 advert on CNN

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Badfoot, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Didn't anybody else see the advert, about 2 days ago, on CNN UK (I'm almost sure) announcing the new iPhone 5 launching on Oct 4, and showing a model holding and turning it to show it's size etc ?

2. Robby S macrumors member

No, because the iPhone 5 (assuming that's what it is called) is not launching on 4th October, it's just being announced on that date, along with the actual launch date.

3. auxsend macrumors regular

What tv stations often, sorry, always do, is find what the biggest hype is. And then throw together a graphic, most likely using a fake image from the internet to present it.

So yes, they probably did show something like that. And yes it was most definitely a thrown together tv bit with no reality to it other than, "Apple is announcing something in October."

4. Badfoot thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok but looked like an Apple paid-for advert to me. Wish I had recorded it now.

5. shandyman Suspended

may look it, but definitely wasn't. defeats the purpose of having the announcement event to unveil it if they show it in an advert a week early....

6. Badfoot thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I thought maybe it was a b***s up on CNN's part, starting to think I imagined it now. Must have been those mushrooms..

That's why I asked if anyone else saw it.

7. shandyman Suspended

How could CNN have ballsed up? Apple would keep hold of any adverts until the device has launched, they only even show them themselves to anyone at the announcment, so CNN wouldn't get anything until at least the 4th October..... I see your logic, but it's flawed by that key point....