iPhone 5 and iPad mini car mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by i-sidd, Nov 6, 2012.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Is there any car mount that is universal and can hold the iphone 5 and expand and possibley hold the ipad mini.

if not then, for my car which would be a good car mount good qulaity but not very expendive $25 would be great.

Also is the in CD mouth better or windshiled or anything else with being able to plug the lightning cable to charge or stram music.

2. icemanzzz macrumors member

3. linds15 macrumors 6502a

personally, i like the in cd mount, i dont like my phone being on the windshield like a gps nav unit, because those you dont need to touch at all. i bought a mountek off amazon for ~20 shipped. works like a charm. wouldnt fit a mini though

4. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

i was hoping that the exogear mount 2 would fit the ipad mini but it doesn't. however it fits the iPhone 5 or just about any cell phone pretty well.

5. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like this too, but looks like there is not universal holder/mouth for the iphoe and the ipad mini. I guess will have to wait next couple of weeks, if not I will just buy this and something else for the mini.

on a side note. I have 12v plug whihc has an aux and 30 pin to charge and listen to music, but with the new lightning pin i sbuying the adpater from Apple the best solution for me to be able to connect my phone to the car agian, co z right now I can't do anything with it in my car. I don't have USB or bluetooth.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

No idea but I wouldn't expect anything to do so given the differences. Even is something did it probably wouldn't hold either very well. There's a reason for the old "jack of all trades..." saying.

Define what "best" is for you. You can always get a charger that plugs into the power port and provides USB ports. Just plug the lightning cable into the charger (get a second cable, if needed).