iPhone 5 and iPhone 6s lightening cable is the worst!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacGurl111, Nov 13, 2015.

1. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I'm not sure about the previous generations. But we have gone through 4 cords! These cords are like gold around and there is three of us. Right now, I have two cords that are not working.
    We're not rough with them. The life span of one cord is about 6 months to a year.
    I really like the quality of Samsung's charger and cables. ;)

Anyone else?

2. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Monoprice.com
    I have like 6 cords now. They all work for syncing and charging, lifetime warranty

3. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

bought the amazon branded cables and they seem great, no issues.
    Really surprised apple hasn't improved the quality of their cables. They have to know from feedback and returns that they are of poor quality.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

It's probably just cheaper to stick with what they have and replace what breaks, because, a lot of them can hold up.

I work in an elementary school where every kid has an iPad and charger/cable. I'm actually very surprised that I've had under 10 cables go bad in the past year and a half of school. That's out of close to 400.

6. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Mine last for years. Never had one break on me yet. The 30 pin has a little wear and tear but all lightning cables are still in great shape.

7. MacGurl111 thread starter macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I brought the two cables in. Told them it's no longer charging. They replaced it no questions asked. That was very kind of them.
    I managed to find a new cable inside my iPad mini box as well. Lol
    The Apple Store rep said one of my cable is like for the iPhone 5. I had no idea!

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Just as with the 30 pin cables, some have problems, some do not. I've never had problems with any of Apple cables going back all the way to the iPod Classic.

Lightning.
    [​IMG]

Lightening is something else.

9. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Apple cables are fine for me. I do not ever pull them out by the wire, but the head insert part each and every time, and I don't jerk them out either. Lasts a very long time

10. appledefenceforce macrumors 6502

appledefenceforce

Would you believe it when people, me included, say they never have any problem with Apple's USB cables? As a matter of fact my Belkin cable broke after a few months and yet my Apple's cable is still good.

11. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

I've seen people remove their cable by pulling it off from the wire. Some people just pick up the iPhone or iPad until the cable gets pulled off. Sheesh. No wonder the cable breaks within a few weeks and they blame Apple for making a shoddy product!