iPhone 5 and NEW headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coachingguy, May 28, 2012.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

So, it's pretty apparent that a new iPhone is coming "soon". Do any of you think that Apple will improve their headphones/earbuds?

I'm almost tempted to buy the Droid that comes with the beats headphones for the wife, just to get the headphones...

It's been years since Apple upgraded their headphones/earbuds, I'm hoping it'll happen with the 5... My contract is up in June...

Whattya all think?

Coachingguy

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I's say no But on the other hand I've never used Apples headphones and personally I think Dre's suck! I'd rather they keep the cheap headphones and I'll buy my one. I don't think Apple will be threatened by droid until they have one model that comes close to there sales. if a movie studio releases 40 movies should they combine sales and they claim they are equal to one blockbuster movie?

3. coachingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I'm looking for better sound and no-tangle. I've never tried the dre-beats, but they've gotta be better than the apple "buds". My wife hates that I keep buying new headphones, from $20-$100...

I've got the $79 Apple earbuds, and while they were nice for a short time, they don't hold up...

Coachingguy

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. coachingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Thank you labman, I've read most of those. Thanks... The headphones shouldn't be an afterthought...

Coachingguy

6. daemonite macrumors member

i disagree, i prefer my options for headphones. sound is subjective, what sounds good to me will not sound good to you.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. Don't count on stock head/ear phones if you care about sound quality. Buy based on your preferences.

8. grafftillidie macrumors newbie

I have the Soul s49 by Ludacris as well as the Beats and I feel the Soul has better sound. They are tangle free and the mic is perfectly located for voice calls.

9. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Whatever their decision about the headphones it will have ZERO effect on my decision to buy the iPhone 5 or not. If they do, great, whatever. If not, owell, it's not like the current headphones stopped me from getting the 4S and I'm not going to upgrade just for headphones (which would most probably be 4S compatible anyway). If they do in the future, I'm sure they will be iPhone 5 compatible.

BTW you can get better headphones without getting an iphone5 or a driod. If THAT is your determining factor for what phone to get then you live on a different universe than I do.