iPhone 5 and Video over Pioneer car stereo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ansabakhan, Feb 14, 2013.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

You are out of luck. I have a Pioneer X940BT and can't do it. When apple changed to the new lightning connection, the adapter loses video translation going back to a 30pin. The capability is just not there so its not possible.

All previous iphones could pass video out to the Pioneer decks from your camera roll, netflix, youtube or whatever you wanted to stream from.

visit avic411.com for discussion forum of pioneer head units, lots of info there and this subject was discussed in detail with no solution.

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i got Pioneer X940BT too... so no solution for now... is there any possibility in future?

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've been looking at these radios as I think about getting a new one. I would *like* them to play video, although it's not a big deal. If I could just get the audio from certain videos, that would be fine.

What I really want is a touchscreen radio that allows me to control the Music stuff and to use my Apple Maps as GPS. It seems like this is possible with the AppRadio units, but it's hard to tell, especially since I know I'll upgrade to an iPhone 5S when it comes out later this year.

Honestly what I would like is for my car stereo display to be a mirror of my iPhone.