iPhone 5 annoying rattle sound when shaking!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Howlly Shooter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Howlly Shooter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have recently bought my iPhone 5, and then suddenly I noticed that when shaking it is making a little rattle, its kind of something is loose inside it. I've hold down the sleep, silent, + and - buttons while shaking and still making this rattle sound. I'm certain its something inside it, like the accelerometer, compass, or any other, and it has never fell down to the ground.

Once this iphone is still under Apple's Limited Warranty, i must exchange it with a new one, or apple wouldn't accept to exchange an iphone just for a noise?

thanks !

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Search the forum (or the internet), and you would have found your answer.

It is caused by the camera and its components. It is completely normal and occurs on 90 % of iPhone 4Ss and iPhone 5s.

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Yep - if it's a "rattle" it's the camera. In which case, it's normal and you probably just need to stop shaking your electronics. I've never shaken my TV to see if it rattles...

But - if it feels like something heavy inside might be loose, that's possibly a battery that's no longer attached to the casing. In that case, a warranty replacement would be the way to go.