iPhone 5 Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HarryLarry, Sep 17, 2012.

1. HarryLarry macrumors newbie

Since the new iPhone 5 has a longer screen and requires developers to build a different version of their app just for the iPhone 5, will developers just stop building apps for the iPhone 4s and below? There is still a huge market in these devices. Just wanted yall's opinions.

2. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

No.

The changes are relatively minor for developers. Apple showed off those developers in its keynote because (IMO) they just wanted the big companies to rewrite their apps with a better UI anyway.

Apple doesn't care about having the most apps; they want the best apps.

3. HarryLarry thread starter macrumors newbie

So would a developer develop an app for the iPhone 4s and below first, and then size it up for the iPhone 5? I am just worried that developers won't build apps for anything other than the iPhone 5 now.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Do you understand it's about money. Why would a developer give up money from all the iPhone 3G, 4, and 4S models still out there?

Don't worry they will develop apps for the 4S and below still.

5. HarryLarry thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I agree. If I was a developer I wouldn't leave a huge market out. Thanks for the input!

6. dra macrumors member

dra

i have over 37 apps that support iphone 3GS and up and i will still do updates to support them plus the iphone 5.

its a big gap for us not to support

250 million Iphone 3G to Iphone 4s devices to 2 to 8 million iphone 5 "so far"