Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petethepanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
About 50% of the time, if not more, audio from the phone will play through the earpiece instead of the speaker. Music, games, videos, anything. Can't seem to tie the problem to any specific apps. Resetting the phone will often not clear up the issue, it just kind of comes and goes. Going in and out of vibrate mode also doesn't do anything.

:confused:

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Restore as new. If the problem persists after that take it to Apple store for replacement.

FixBrokeni

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Sounds like it could be a hardware problem. I agree with the restoring the device to new, and if the problem persists look into having the speaker replaced.

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
About 50% of the time, if not more, audio from the phone will play through the earpiece instead of the speaker. Music, games, videos, anything. Can't seem to tie the problem to any specific apps. Resetting the phone will often not clear up the issue, it just kind of comes and goes. Going in and out of vibrate mode also doesn't do anything.

:confused:
Suddenly, I'm seeing the same thing. Seems odd I can't google up a report of this before yours two days ago ....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.