IPhone 5 auto brightness

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Hi, I was wondering how to turn on auto brightness on iPhone 5, display & brightness settings doesn't have that option

Dented

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2009
I remember having exactly this problem with my 5 when I attempted a repair - I had to replace a dead microphone near the camera, and changed the battery at the same time.

I cured it eventually but annoyingly I'm struggling to remember how. I think it have been as simple as disconnecting the battery again for a minute or two and then reconnecting.

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
This is why I stick to repairs by Apple. Just can't be bothered with the headache to save some money.

Reactions: eyoungren

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
I remember having exactly this problem with my 5 when I attempted a repair - I had to replace a dead microphone near the camera, and changed the battery at the same time.

I cured it eventually but annoyingly I'm struggling to remember how. I think it have been as simple as disconnecting the battery again for a minute or two and then reconnecting.
I don't have any tools to open it, I've just DFU restore my iPhone 5 and set it up as new,no auto brightness toggle.

is it because of a faulty logic board? This is apparently what happens when I restore and sync my iPhone
IMG_2172.PNG
The name are totally off

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.